Monday 17 June 2013

Eltham John: The Day I Got My New Road Bike Was The Best Day Of My Life...

...alright, I might be exaggerating a bit and it's been a long time coming but it is quite nice having a new road bike. It's not too flashy, has some new-fangled 21st Century technology and my gear ratios are all to pot (which I'm sure I'll get used to in time) but it's an alloy frame with carbon forks so a fairly light and smooth ride for a training bike.

We've just returned from the Gravesend Cyclopark (a terrific place, especially for kids) where I had a good ride with my grandson JC. He had great fun joining in with his club at the park doing all sorts of skills and practice races, then after a bite to eat I joined him for a few laps. We practised doing "through and off" or as we older generation would say "bit and bit", which was made quite difficult due to high cross winds, which whip across the whole course. It's great to see JC improving his bike handling skills all the time and loving his riding.

my first complete new bike in 50 years